Many people think of compressed air as industry’s fourth utility – after water, electricity and natural gas – and vital in all kinds of industries.
All air contains some water vapour, no matter the environment. This vapour can then condense to liquid water in your system.
In addition, compressed air may also carry contaminants like lubricating oil carried over from the compressor, atmospheric aerosols and vapours, solid particles and rust from the air main and receivers, and solid particles drawn in by the compressor.
The number of contaminants, whether large or small, will become concentrated when the air is compressed, as air’s ability to hold water vapour increases as it heats. This vapour will condense into liquid as the air cools.
If you don’t make an effort to keep the system clean and dry, there are a number of consequences that may arise, which can affect the performance of your system.
- Corrosion and scaling of moving parts
- Increased wear of components
- Clogged system
- System malfunction
- Leaking seals
- Subpar operation
- Equipment failure
Ensuring your compressed air system is clean and dry maximises the efficiency of your system and reduces the running costs to your business.
By simply selecting an appropriate air dryer and filtration device, you can remove vapour and particles, and maintain the integrity of your compressed air products.
Removing contaminants and water from your compressed air supply can provide significant benefits, including:
- Reduced down time – By preventing the deposits of sludge, which form through wet and contaminated air, you can eliminate potential malfunctions and system downtime.
- Lower equipment maintenance – As moisture in your air compressor can wash away the lubricants used in pneumatic tools, keeping your system dry will increase the system’s lifespan and reduce maintenance costs.
- Improved product finish – When using compressed air in spray painting and coating applications, moisture and contaminants can lead to poor paint and blasting finishes. By keeping your system clean and dry, you will ensure optimal product finish.
Investing in quality compressed air dryers and filtration products will ensure high quality clean air, save you money and improve the performance of your compressed air product.
Extensive product range
From air compressors through to compressed air storage, treatment and distribution, we’ve got you covered. And if none of our standard compressed air products are suitable, we offer custom-built solutions to meet your individual requirements.